The 514 is a general purpose professional clamp-on meter, which measures up to the toughest standards. It has a rugged mechanical case and is comprised of quality polycarbonate materials. The meter offers a complete set of measurement ranges, and is compliant with international safety and quality standards to ensure a reliable and professional measuring tool. The unit is auto-ranging, and provides excellent measurement range and resolution for troubleshooting (high resolution 40A range).
The 514 measures AC Volts, AC Amps, DC Volts, Ohms, Continuity (with beeper), Frequency (from V or A) and offers a Diode Test function. The unit also uses Hall sensor technology, which provides both AC and DC current measurements to 1000A.
The meter is sized for a one-handed, comfortable operation. The 514 is True RMS sensing responding to distorted signal electrical systems. The jaw opening for the 514 is 1.575 inches (40 millimeters).
- Standard size, full function clamp-on meter
- 1000AAC/DC current measurements
- 750VAC/1000VDC volt measurements
- TRMS measurements
- Resistance measurement to 4000Ω
- Continuity with beeper below 40Ω
- Frequency measurements from V and A
- Diode test
- 1ms Peak function for fast capture of signals
- Hold function to "freeze" readings
- Push-button for easy ADC zeroing
- Large easy-to-read 4000-count display
- 42-segment analog bargraph
- Includes test leads and soft carrying case
- Commercial, industrial, residential and HVAC troubleshooting
- Power panel, junction box and battery bank monitoring
- AC or DC motor testing
- Power plant troubleshooting
- Electrical testing and troubleshooting on non-linear loads, such as adjustable speed drives and computers